|Comments arising from recent public meetings
- Quotes from residents who attended public meeting of the architect representing the plans were very positive.
- The Development Plans could involve a wider development to revitalise the Moor Park
- A very good suggestion has been made to link to good food production - valley fruit, jam, ham, cheese etc. to give it strong local identity
- More jobs for local people i.e. café local produce being made in allotments puts Carluke on the map for home grown produce.
- Very well thought out wedding venue and a potential amazing view - a great idea for the new Mill.
- Impressive looks good excellent potential for local involvement. Carluke needs a focal point tourists would be attracted. Proposed ancillary buildings very sensitive to original mill in appearance.
- Very impressive design for a visitor centre and café. Although modern in design it seems to blend in to and enhance the whole.
- The proposals would generally be of great benefit to the whole town.